Friday, May 01, 2009

John O’ Donohue

When one flower blooms, spring awakens everywhere.

Two books that I have read again and again, treasuring them close to my heart are Anam Cara and Eternal Echoes, written by John O’ Donohue. These books revealed Celtic mysticism and spirituality in a very simple but poetic English. I discovered them on my visits to the British Council Library three years back and was enthralled by the beauty of the words and thoughts in them. In my earlier blog, I had put extracts from both the books as well. Now, I find that O’ Donohue died sometime in January 2008. 

Strangely I read some more Celtic poems after discovering this amazing writer. His writings have comforted me at that time, though I do not remember the exact words. Surprisingly his New Year Blessing, I took this year as my guiding words for the year, on the front page of my personal diary. As a tribute to such an unknown but helpful soul, I’m posting his own poem in my blog. May your words inspire and comfort many, loving soul! 


No comments:

Harmony