Friday, March 20, 2020

Silence


On that rainy day,
A couple walked past us,
Huddled together.

You and I, we walked
Hurriedly, drenched
In the rain and silent.

Your shy eyes lingered
Now and then on me,
Happy like a child.

With throbbing heart
With hungry eyes
I stowed away your magic.

You never said a word
I never said a word,
Only silence and the rain spoke.

When we spoke at last
It was with indifference
To the magic between us.

So we threw away the words
And the magic between us
What is left now is only silence.





1 comment:

George Mathew@myleaves.blogspot.com said...

Our little, day today encounters end up in disater for want courage to tell what we want. Read the folowing one

I hated you when it would have taken less courage
to love.

Where love died
laughing

The hard
words
I ever feared to
say
can now be
said;

I love
you.

"What a torment, to have so near his grasp
The young woman he wishes to possess and yet dares not take in his arms!" Luis Bunuel

Couple Goals

We have celebrated our days of togetherness as if each day was a special occasion, gone on adventures in the city, explored new nooks and co...