Friday, August 21, 2020

You and I

What brought you back to my mind, I do not know
But I do not like the hot surge of tears that arise,
That still rise though it’s been so many long years
Since we walked away from our future happiness.

Words, reasons, explanations I cannot find at all,
But the heart wants to scrawl a few more words,
In that curious hieroglyphic that we had invented,
To encode a secret message just for your eyes.

But then the long years have made us so apart
For so long that I do not know you anymore,
Nor the heart’s language or its silent desires 
Even my own self I hardly recognise anymore.

You have a good mirror to look in, so do I have
What we’ve had once is more than what'll be.




No comments:

Home

Home is where your heart goes back time and again, where you want to spend your quality time enjoying the activities that you like. Home i...