Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Spring

     You were a springtime in this uneventful life,
Where your promises filled this heart daily,
Your thoughts played like a chorus in a song,
And in those days, you were like a demigod.

When you reach out with your tender words,
When you return to this life with your bounce,
I forget that once your absence left me hurt,
And I celebrate your homecoming with delight.

My fears are about what I’ll do if you go away,
For a promising world had collapsed in a day.
When you and I parted our ways eons ago,
To leave behind a life of longing and strife.

You bring new thoughts and dreams to cherish
Again I speak of us as if we are one single unit.

No comments:

Couple Goals

We have celebrated our days of togetherness as if each day was a special occasion, gone on adventures in the city, explored new nooks and co...