Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Love notes from far



This night may be dark and quite long, my dear,
But I am up waiting for you to come home to me;
In the meanwhile, I take up my journal and pen,
And write down a few thoughts that cross my mind.

How did we begin this history of you and me once?
How did I learn to send love notes to you so often?
For when the muse comes, some words make no sense,
They often cut an old vein or punch an old pain.

But when your heartache travels from distant lands,
When your heartbeats reach me at this hour of night,
I cannot lie down on my bed peacefully any longer,
I think of that day when you looked at me surprised.

For in one moment, a nameless feeling overruled all,
Now, I have many lone nights to lull myself to sleep.

No comments:

Couple Goals

We have celebrated our days of togetherness as if each day was a special occasion, gone on adventures in the city, explored new nooks and co...