Thursday, January 09, 2020

Yellow Rose

The night may be dark and long,
For when the muse comes to you,
Some words make no sense at all,
For I write to send you messages.

What if they cut up your raw vein,
Or punch an old pain that hurts?
For now, I have nothing else to do
But spin yarns to amuse you and me.

But when your absence hurts me,
As heartbeats from distant deserts,
They echo here and I cannot sleep
On any night or lull my restless mind

For they think of how in a moment,
A nameless feeling overruled me
And then you were looking at me
With a new surprise in your eyes.

Though I was so naive those days,
I know the reason that your love,
Echoes in some other heaven,
Safe in the heart of a yellow rose.


No comments:

Couple Goals

We have celebrated our days of togetherness as if each day was a special occasion, gone on adventures in the city, explored new nooks and co...