Monday, August 17, 2026

Belonging

This is the place

That I left as a child

My native place

Where I do not belong-

Where my father’s bones

Lie scattered in the graveyard

Among the many bones

Without a tomb.

 

This is the place

Where I spent my childhood

Though the heirs are there

More rightful than me-

For it’s my mother’s family

Located near the River Green,

Where it is fun to play

In the flowing water.

 

This is the place

Where I have grown up

The city where I had a family

And was a wife and mother-

And I followed its traditions

And their rituals and rules

Though it has been a decade

Since I left them for good.

 

This is my imaginary realm,

My dream world of togetherness

Where we are together

Though apart in real life-

Only you gauge my spirit

And I belong only to you

Who call me by a name

That is known only to us. 

No comments:

Belonging

This is the place That I left as a child My native place Where I do not belong- Where my father’s bones Lie scattered in the graveyard Among...