Thursday, April 14, 2022

Lost Love



Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. 
Berthold Auerbach
What could I do then, the singer croons delicately,
While tears fill my eyes, as I think of
a life gone by,  
For I knew you never were mine; but another's
Yet this foolish heart worshipped you like a God.

You were the one whom my heart searched for years,
But when I loved you, it was only existing in my fantasy;
For it was not your fault that this love could never be;
Only mine that I knew it well and loved you more for it.

It was my own folly that made me love you so much,
To wreck all chances of happiness in your name,
Then wander in strange places looking for your face,
And write songs about you read by strange eyes.

I wish I had told you how much I adored you then, 
So that you could have become my only love forever. 

2 comments:

കൊച്ചുമുതലാളി said...

:)

R. Ramesh said...

beautiful lines maria...enjoyed reading this..stay cheerful as u ever are friend:)

Couple Goals

We have celebrated our days of togetherness as if each day was a special occasion, gone on adventures in the city, explored new nooks and co...